Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ARE YOU A LITTLE DOG/

In Matthew, Chapter 15. a woman from the coasts of Canaan, a Canaanite, a Gentile worshiper of idols, came to Jesus, to seek healing for her daughter, who was sorely vexed with a devil. She cried to Him, ''Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy upon me. What was Jesus' response / He answered her not a word. She had no right to use that title. It was the title for the Messiah, promised to the nation of Israel. The disciples who were full of self-importance, said to Jesus, ''Send her away for she crieth after us.''She was not crying after them, but after The Lord. But our Lord answered and said that, He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then she came and worshiped Him, she prostrated herself at the feet of Jesus, saying, ''Lord, help me.'' That is, ''My Creator, I come, as one of Your creatures, needing Your help. If You don't help me, then nothing can be done.'' Jesus answered that it was not meet to take The Children's bread, and throw it to the little dogs. She said,''That's true, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their master's table.'' Then Jesus said, ''O Woman, Great is your faith, let it be to you as you will.'' And her daughter was healed that very hour. I am grateful for the crumbs from Jesus' table. As A Gentile, I was counted as a dog. I had no portion in the covenant and promises made to Israel. I was without God, and Without hope in this world, but one day Jesus came to where I was, and by His death, made me a partaker of the blessing promised to Israel. HALLELUJAH... GLORY TO HIS NAME.....

No comments:

Post a Comment