Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TUESDAY, NOV 25, 1980

Tuesday, November 25, 1980 is a day that will forever be etched on mind and heart. On that day I lost my greatest friend on this earth, and my greatest prayer warrior, my Momma. She had gone into the hospital on election day, after voting , to get her legs operated on. But her kidneys were giving out, and they couldn't operate. on the Saturday night, NOV 19TH, SHE HAD AWAKENED AND WAS COMPLAINING OF A HEADACHE. THE NEXT AFTERNOON I FOUND HER IN A COMMA. SHE WAS PUT ON A DIALYSIS MACHINE ON MONDAY, BUT IT WAS TOO LATE. My brother Stan had to make the hard decision to take her off. Tuesday while at the church, where I was associate pastor, I received the call that she was going to die. I rushed to Holy cross Hospital, to wait. I waited all day. Finally shortly after 10;00 pm eastern time, the nurse came out and said she was going. my late brother and sister, Vernon and Irene, her Daughter Delores and I went into her room. I took her by the hand, and prayed that the Lord would help her make the crossing over Death's river. at 10;15 HER HEART STOPPED BEATING, and SHE was gone. She wasn't perfect, but she would often pray all night long. Many times I saw her kneeling when I went to bed, and when I got up, she was still kneeling in prayer. SHE LOVED ALL HER CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN. I Thank God I had a praying Momma. Here's remembering you, Momma. I love you and miss you. I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment